What skills does a digital marketing manager have? What do you need to know to be able to get a job in this position? If you are interested in knowing, then keep on reading.
What Skills Does a Digital Marketing Manager Have?
A good digital marketing manager needs to have the key skills to get the position. First off, he needs to know how to manage people and have good communication skills. He needs to know how to develop and execute the company’s digital marketing strategy. He needs to have good analytical skills so that he can assess the performance of the digital marketing campaigns.
Also, he needs to be able to manage budgets and make decisions regarding budget allocation. He will also need some technical skills so that he can understand how the tools work.
So, if you are eyeing this job, you also need to know how to use social media platforms and online tools such as Hootsuite or Buffer. You will also need to know how to use Google Analytics, Google Adwords, and Facebook Ads.
Then, the type of experience you have will depend on the size of the company you are applying for. Also, managers need to have good analytical skills so that they can analyze data and make decisions based on it. They also need to have excellent communication skills so that they can manage their team and report to the executives of the company.
Digital Marketing Manager Job Description
A digital marketing manager is in charge of a company’s online marketing efforts, such as social media and SEO. He also manages the company’s online reputation management, email campaigns, online advertising, Google analytics, and more.
Here is a detailed job description of a digital marketing manager:
- Researching keywords for SEO purposes and planning keyword strategies. This is for both organic and paid searches.
- Planning and managing the company’s social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social networks.
- Then, creating and managing campaigns, following their progress on social media analytics tools.
- Planning and executing email campaigns.
- Also, creating a content strategy for the website. He also publishes this content on the website.
- Implementing Google Analytics to measure site traffic and conversions.
- Further, measuring traffic from search engines and creating reports about it. This can be done using Google Analytics or through a tool such as Webmaster Tools by Google. If a tool is not available, he may need to use other ways to track the traffic from search engines. Such as using Google alerts to get notifications when their site shows up in search results.
- Planning and executing paid search advertising campaigns using Google Adwords, Facebook ads, or other platforms for PPC advertising (pay per click).
- Creating and measuring the performance of online display advertising campaigns using platforms such as Facebook Ads or Google Adwords.
- Finally, planning and executing strategies for promoting mobile applications, mobile websites, or mobile landing pages.
So, if you want to get hired as a digital marketing manager, you need to develop the skills needed for this job. You also need to have at least two years of experience in this field. And you need to be able to manage your time and work under pressure.