The responsibilities of Digital Marketing Manager are one too many. This just proves that this person is an important asset to his organization. Why is that the case? Read on to know.
Responsibilities of Digital Marketing Manager
A Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for many things. For one, they need to take care of the social media presence of the company. This includes managing Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google+, etc.
They are also responsible for digital marketing campaigns. These include online marketing, SEO, SEM, SMO, PPC, etc.
The manager is responsible for the development of marketing strategy. He is responsible for identifying which digital marketing method will work best for the brand. Then, he also advises on the financial aspects of the digital campaign. He needs to make sure that he has enough funds to carry out his plans. He also needs to make sure the budget is used in the most effective way possible.
Further, the manager can be called a jack of all trades too. He is responsible for website optimization, social media optimization, email marketing, and more. He is also responsible for the maintenance of websites and blogs. Then, he is also supposed to maintain the brand’s reputation online. This includes monitoring reviews, comments, and feedback on digital platforms.
Finally, he is responsible for training the employees in various digital marketing skills. So, it is clear that the tasks of a Digital Marketing Manager are many and he needs to be an expert at all these things.
How to Be a Digital Marketing Manager
Being a Digital Marketing Manager is not very different from any other manager’s job description. He or she needs to set goals for everyone in the team. He needs to make sure that his team members are working towards the goals of the company.
If you are applying for this job, then you may want to know what kind of requirements they have. Well, read on to know the requirements that will help you get this job.
To be one, you also need to do these:
- Strategic planning. Brainstorming session with relevant stakeholders to define business objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs) that can be used to measure success
- Defining success factors. Identify success factors that will allow you to measure whether your campaigns are achieving their objectives
- Campaign planning. Brainstorming sessions with relevant stakeholders to define how you’re going to achieve your defined success factors
- Execution. Working with various teams within the organization (e.g., product development team) or external resources (e.g., agencies or contractors) who will be responsible for executing your plan
- Evaluation. Measurement of your campaign effectiveness by comparing actual results against your set objectives (KPIs) using appropriate tools (e.g., website analytics)
- Reporting. Analysis of findings based on measurement criteria/metrics which are then used as inputs into strategic planning meetings with relevant stakeholders
So, this was all about Digital Marketing Manager. I hope you liked the post. If you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comment section below. If you find this information useful, do share it with your friends on social media.