Digital marketing manager vs eCommerce manager. Are the positions the same or not? If not, then how do they differ from one another? If you want to know, then read on.
What Is a Digital Marketing Manager?
To begin, a digital marketing manager is a person that is in charge of a company’s digital marketers. A digital marketer is a person that uses digital marketing tactics to promote a company’s products or services.
An example of this positions tasks are the following:
- Plan and execute online strategies to drive business growth by identifying target audiences and designing online strategies to reach them.
- Develops, implements, and monitors the effectiveness of marketing campaigns to achieve sales and business objectives.
- Creates, manages, and optimizes strategic content for websites, blogs, social networks, emails, or any other form of marketing content.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key stakeholders including creative agencies, media agencies, internal teams, and vendors.
- Monitors competitor activity on the internet using software such as Google Alerts, Salesforce CRM, Constant Contact, etc.
What Is an eCommerce Manager?
On the other hand, an eCommerce manager is someone that is in charge of an eCommerce company’s eCommerce websites. An example of these tasks are the following:
- Develops and implements an online strategy to gain users and increase sales.
- Monitors and analyzes sales data, inventory levels, and overhead costs to ensure profit margins.
- Negotiates contracts with vendors to ensure an adequate supply of merchandise.
- Provides training for employees on how to perform their duties effectively, such as customer service representatives, warehouse workers, information technology personnel, etc.
Digital Marketing Manager vs eCommerce Manager
What Are the Similarities?
Both digital marketing and eCommerce managers are responsible for promoting a company’s products or services which is why there are so many similarities between the two positions.
Some of these similarities include:
- Managing digital marketing campaigns and eCommerce sites.
- Creating content for marketing purposes and eCommerce sites.
- Tracking the progress of marketing campaigns, websites, or social media pages.
What Are the Differences?
The main difference between a digital marketing manager and an eCommerce manager is in the area of specialization. Yes, they both promote a company’s products or services using digital marketing tools such as social media, blogs, or email marketing. But the main focus of a digital marketing manager is social media while the main focus of an eCommerce manager is sales.
The following are some other differences between the two positions:
- A digital marketing manager usually works independently while an eCommerce manager works with other departments to achieve business objectives
- Then, a digital marketing manager usually has more than one job title while an eCommerce manager usually only has one job title
- Also, a digital marketing manager usually works in offices while an eCommerce manager usually works from home
- Lastly, a digital marketing manager usually works full time while an eCommerce manager usually works part-time
There you have it – the main differences between digital marketing manager and eCommerce manager positions. So, what do think of the differences? Do you think they are substantial enough to warrant separate roles or not? If you have any questions or comments, then feel free to leave them in the comment section below.